Current Job Opening
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for the verification and authorization process of all clinic clients at MHA of Westchester. This process requires extensive knowledge of all third party contracts as they pertain to obtaining reimbursement for all clinic clients. The Coordinator works closely with Clinic staff to assure the accuracy of information and timeliness of the verification/notification process.
1. The Coordinator completes the Client Registration by providing information regarding registration and eligibility process.
2. The Coordinator must effectively communicate the following: specific information needed to complete the registration process, the reason for requesting such information, and be able to ascertain that information received is as accurate as possible.
3. The Coordinator maintains, enters, updates, and verifies all data necessary for client and all third party payers; enters information into IMA system.
4. The Coordinator will contact insurance carriers including Federal & State Agencies and third parties to obtain information required to assure payment of claims.
5. The Coordinator will report any specific issues including but not limited to that could result in non-reimbursable visits to the Senior Vice-President for Administration.
6. Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
7. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results and performing related duties as necessary.
This position requires an individual with extensive knowledge of all third party rules and regulations. They must have exceptional documenting skills and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. This position requires analytical ability to verify the accuracy of the information entered by other departments to assure reimbursement. The individual must be a highly motivated individual who is self-directed, professional, and accountable. The Coordinator must have at least two years’ experience in Insurance verification preferably in a Behavioral Health setting.
The Intake Coordinator reports to the Senior Vice-President for Administration.
To learn more about this position, please contact Senior Vice-President, Nancy Krzemienski by e-mail with MHAEMPLOYMENT as the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 914-345-5900 extension 7523.
To apply for this position, please send your resume by e-mail with MHAEMPLOYMENT as the subject line to email@example.com or via mail to:
MHA of Westchester
580 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, New York 10591