The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for an Administrative Assistant/Front Desk Receptionist in our White Plains, NY clinic.
Work schedule is:
• Monday through Thursday 12 pm - 8:30 pm
• Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm
SUMMARY of DUTIES
Our Clinics offer individual, group, family and medication services for individuals of all ages – and for a full range of behavioral health conditions. The Receptionist is responsible for all reception aspects of the program, which are necessary to ensure the smooth and orderly operation of the Clinic. Positive and courteous interactions with clients, staff and other community agencies are an essential aspect of this job. The Receptionist will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Handles incoming calls during clinic hours while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
2. Responsible for taking messages from the general voice mailbox and delivering to staff.
3. Welcomes and greets all clients and visitors, in person or over the phones.
4. Maintains an effective operational flow by being a liaison between clients and appropriate team members and keeping the client apprised.
5. Accurately updates, verifies and enters client demographics (including insurance and billing) and processes/scans all forms into appropriate medical records systems.
6. Manage all staff schedules, which includes appointments, cancellations, and will-call lists.
7. Accurately schedule all client appointments.
8. Provides information as necessary to clients regarding test locations, client portal use, and follow-up actions.
9. Verify health insurances.
10. Accepts payment from clients and seeks to resolve outstanding balances at the time of check-in/check-out
11. Ensures payment control by collecting and processing payments in the clinic’s designated system and documents properly per MHA’s guidelines.
12. Receives and directs persons attending meetings.
13. Works with the Program Assistant to ensure availability of forms.
14. Maintains an adequate supply of new client materials.
15. Receives general clinic mail as well as other deliveries.
16. Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized.
17. Other designated duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Bilingual: Spanish/English.
3. Detail oriented and excellent time management skills
4. Good working knowledge of front desk operations.
5. Proper Telephone etiquette.
6. Exceptional customer service (internally and externally).
7. Must be able to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
8. Patience, flexibility, and professionalism at all times.
9. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system strongly preferred.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
2. Medical receptionist background: 1 year preferred.
3. The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist must be reliable and responsible, demonstrating the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
4. Confidentiality must be maintained at all times regarding client information.
5. Basic knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft office products is required.
6. Be able to communicate fluently in the Spanish language.
7. The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
8. The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
9. The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist must be cleared by the NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
10. The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
11. The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “WP Receptionist” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.