The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Behavioral Health Supervisor in our Yonkers, NY office.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Behavioral Health Supervisor is responsible for overseeing providing clinical and administrative supervision to designated staff, and ensuring compliance with all regulatory authorities and accountability sources. Assures that the organization's philosophy and mission statement are practiced throughout all programs. The Behavioral Health Supervisor will collaborate, facilitate and enhance the integrated of care between various program providers.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for overseeing integrity of case records and documentation.
2. Follows the established agency policies and maintains appropriate professional standards.
3. Establish and maintain a culture that is recovery oriented, trauma informed and grounded in service excellence.
4. Provide clinical supervision, mentoring, coaching and performance reviews for direct reports; including licensure supervision for LCSW examination.
5. Participation and driver of immediate change efforts.
6. Monitoring and maintain key performance indicators for designated programs.
7. Actively participate in Certified Community Behavioral Health Center implementation, oversight, processes, and outcomes.
8. Participation in auditing functions of clinic operations.
9. Other designated and related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Knowledge of program management
2. Effective verbal and written communication skills
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Excellent interpersonal skills
5. Strong attention to detail
6. Effective crisis intervention skills
7. Effective leadership skills
8. Problem solving skills
9. Effective management practices:
a. Address interpersonal barriers and strengths in their staff
b. Empower those receiving supervision
c. Offer criticism in a constructive manner
d. Understand employment and labor laws
10. The Behavioral Health Supervisor must have excellent skills utilizing Microsoft Office and Electronic Health Record systems.
1. The Behavioral Health Supervisor shall be an experienced mental health professional as defined by Part 599 of the OHM regulations. i.e. Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Psychologist.
2. Master’s degree preferred.
3. Behavioral Health Supervisor must demonstrate positive leadership, effective communication skills, and the ability to work successfully with a wide range of people.
4. It is expected that the Behavioral Health Supervisor is able to perform his/her duties with minimal supervision and consistently use good judgment.
5. The Behavioral Health Supervisor must be reliable and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
6. Proficiency in computer skills in electronic health record (EHR) and Microsoft Office required.
7. Behavioral Health Supervisor must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
8. Behavioral Health Supervisor must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
9. Behavioral Health Supervisor must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
10. Behavioral Health Supervisor must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Behavioral Health Supervisor" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.