The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Bilingual Care Manager in our White Plains, NY Safe Harbor Program – Westchester County DSS. Base Annual Salary Range: $55,000 to $60,000.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Safe Harbor Program provides community-based care coordination services for youth who are at risk of or who are victims of human sex trafficking. The Care Manager (CM) is responsible for conducting Comprehensive Safe Harbor assessments on youth who are referred by child welfare services as well as community-based agencies. The CM will also carry a caseload through which they will coordinate the development and implementation of an individualized, community-based service plan of social, emotional, and medical services that is trauma informed. The work focuses on preventing out of home placements such as foster care, psychiatric hospitalizations, as well as the reduction of the risk of sexual exploitation and re-victimization.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide outreach to engage youth and families who are eligible for the program
2. Conduct a comprehensive, strengths-based and trauma-focused assessment of the youth and family and their service needs
3. Develop a youth and family specific service plan in collaboration with each family
4. Assist youth and their families in securing identified services and advocating to other systems for the provision of these services in an individualized and collaborative manner
5. Facilitate ongoing communication among the youth, family and community providers
6. Provide crisis intervention and stabilization to youth and families in the program as needed
7. Due to the nature of the program, ability to be flexible with working hours is desired.
8. Develop knowledge of and positive relationships with the multiple systems serving families and youth in Westchester County
9. Document client progress and maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established methods and procedures.
10. Practice with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
11. Other designated or related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Must be knowledgeable of mental health diagnoses, suicide assessments, and psychopharmacology.
2. Highly organized and self-motivated.
3. Strong critical thinking and writing skills.
4. Bilingual – English and Spanish.
1. The CM must have a Master’s Degree in the human service field with one year of experience in providing direct services or in linking children to a broad array of services OR a Bachelor’s Degree in the human service field and two years’ experience in providing direct services or linking children to a broad array of services. 2. Basic Computer knowledge is required.
3. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
4. The CM must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
5. The CM must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
6. The CM must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
7. The CM must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
8. The CM must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
9. The CM must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with “CM-DSS” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.