The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Billing Specialist in the Central Billing-Finance Department at our Tarrytown, NY office.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Billing Specialist is responsible for the submission of all claims for case management, care management and Article 31 clinic services. The responsibilities require concentration to many details and understanding both program requirements and many database functions. The Specialist will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare claims for submission to various carriers via appropriate method. (Electronic or paper).
2. Ensures that all claims are submitted before filing deadlines.
3. Enter payments and produce various reports to reconcile cash receipts with posting.
4. Investigate denials and follow up on collections.
5. Keep the Billing Coordinator well-informed of all issues encountered and participate in the resolution of these problems.
6. Assist other areas of Central Billing and perform other tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Knowledge of behavioral health terminology and Codes.
2. Functional knowledge of Medicaid regulations and NY billing rules.
3. Proficient in medical billing software specifically Netsmart MyEvole and IMA highly desired and essential.
4. Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Office and Excel.
5. Proven ability to maintain client confidentiality.
6. Billing Specialist must be a highly motivated independent worker who maintains confidentiality at all times.
7. Must be accurate, organized, demonstrate excellent follow up and attention to detail.
8. Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively.
9. Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to assist coworkers when needed.
10. Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one’s work and work environment.
1. The Billing Specialist must have at least 2 years of experience in medical billing.
2. The Billing Specialist must have a High School Diploma.
3. The Billing Specialist must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
4. The Billing Specialist must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
5. The Billing Specialist must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Billing Specialist” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.