The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Care Manager in our Health Home Serving Children Program in Tarrytown, NY.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
Our Health Home Serving Children Program provides community-based care management services to children from birth to 21 years of age. The Care Manager (CM) is responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of an individualized, community-based plan of social, emotional, and medical services for children and adolescents who have special needs. The work focuses on preventing out of home placements, emergency room visits, and inpatient hospitalizations. The Care Manager provides direct client care services in the community and/or telephonically. The Care Manager will support recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaboration. When possible, the Care Manager will utilize evidence-based practices; always embracing a trauma-informed and person-centered approach.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide outreach and engagement to children and families.
2. Conduct a comprehensive, strengths-based assessment of the child and family and their service needs.
3. Develop a child and family specific plan of care in collaboration with each family and their care team.
4. Assist families in securing identified services and advocating to other systems for the provision of these services in an individualized and collaborative manner.
5. Facilitate the creation of a support network for each child and family; convene regular meetings with the family and care team to monitor progress towards jointly developed goals.
6. Facilitate ongoing communication among the child, family and community providers.
7. Provide crisis intervention and stabilization to children and families as needed.
8. Develop knowledge of and positive relationships with the multiple systems serving families and youth in Westchester County.
9. Provide 24-hour telephonic crisis intervention services on rotating basis.
10. Document client progress and maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established methods and procedures.
11. Practice with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
12. Due to the nature of the program, must have the ability to be flexible with working hours.
13. Complete face to face contacts and telephonic care management services based on the individual’s needs.
14. Adhere to all standards and guidelines established by applicable regulatory authorities.
15. Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Must be knowledgeable of behavioral health diagnoses and symptomatology.
2. The Care Manager must complete the CANS-NY Training and be certified to use the CANS-NY.
3. Must be able to effectively engage clients.
4. Highly organized and self-motivated.
5. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
1. The Care Manager must have a Bachelor’s Degree with two years of relevant experience or be licensed as a Registered Nurse with two years of relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with one year of relevant experience.
2. Basic computer knowledge is required.
3. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
4. The Care Manager must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
5. The Care Manager must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
6. Must be and maintain clearance through the NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
7. Must be and maintain clearance by the DCJS New York State Sex Offender Registry.
8. Must be and maintain clearance by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
9. Must be and maintain clearance by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
10. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with "Children’s Care Manager" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.