The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, and shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Central Scheduler in our Tarrytown, NY office.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
Our Clinics offer individual, group, family and medication services for individuals of all ages – and for a full range of behavioral health conditions. The Central Scheduler works in the Clinical Informatics and Practice Management division, providing a single-point of access for clinic referrals, the scheduling of intakes, entering referral information into the electronic medical record, and verifying insurance information. The Central Scheduler will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receive referrals, gather required data, check insurance information and provide intake appointments for all potential new clients.
2. Maintain daily and monthly statistical records and summaries and provide reports as needed on activity.
3. Document client data and scheduling activity to maintain a permanent record of client according to established methods and procedures.
4. Maintain clinic waitlists if necessary.
5. Close client records of people who have not attended initial intake appointments.
6. Educate potential referrals on the different clinic services available at MHA.
7. Schedule/reschedule appointments.
8. Register clients for client portal.
9. Assist with back office filing and documentation
10. Assist with front desk/administrative coverage if needed.
11. Other duties as specified.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy.
2. Strong administrative skills.
3. Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1. The Central Scheduler must have a High School Diploma/GED/TASC or equivalent. Some post high-school level training or college preferred.
2. The Central Scheduler must have clerical skills, good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and understand office procedures.
3. Has used and documented in an electronic health record is required.
4. Used and has knowledge of how to operate general office equipment.
5. Must be organized, display good judgment and able to see a task through completion.
6. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
7. Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible and receive assignment from a variety of task supervisors.
8. The Central Scheduler must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
9. The Central Scheduler must be cleared by the NYS Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
10. The Central Scheduler must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
11. The Central Scheduler must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with "Central Scheduler" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.