The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, and shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Clinical Informatics Analyst in our Tarrytown, NY office.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Clinical Informatics Analyst will play an integral role in the Clinical Informatics Team within the Innovation Department at MHA. The Clinical Informatics Analyst will ensure all data reported externally and internally is accurate. The Clinical Informatics Analyst is responsible for building and maintaining all necessary reports in MHA’s EHR solutions. Clinical informatics functions in alignment with the organization’s strategic agenda and data-related requirements of various partners and stakeholders. Coordinates the design, management, and analysis of data, including electronic health record data collected from multiple health systems, to create and build analyses, reports, visualizations, maps, data warehouses, code bases, and other tools.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the management and integrity of the data in MHA’s EHR solutions.
2. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the design, structure and functioning of MHA’s EHR solutions.
3. Builds all necessary reports from EHR (utilizing SQL scripts, EHR’s internal report writing tool, as well as external tools).
4. Supports end-users with regard to clinical application use, workflows and functionality.
5. Assess additional vendor solutions & makes recommendations on implementation.
6. Provides EHR trainers and SuperUsers with updated instructions/information as updates to solutions occur.
7. Ensures information systems are consistent with professional standards of practice.
8. Continually reads manuals on software package and tests functionality to understand software package’s design and operations.
9. Coordinates upgrades of the EHR software with IT’s System Administrator.
10. Participates in relevant vendor User Community Groups regularly.
11. Provides technical consultation/assistance to executive leadership on the application of the EHR.
12. Coordinates changes in software configurations based on decisions to best adapt software to operations.
13. Other designated job-related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Experience building and writing reports in EHRs and data warehouse, utilizing SQL and/or JAVA.
2. Knowledge of the design, structure and functioning EHR solutions.
3. Knowledge of current behavioral health and medical developments and terminology.
4. Experience in analyzing health data to gain actionable insights.
5. Strong attention to detail.
1. Bachelor required in Computer Science or related field.
2. Expertise experience with data management, statistical analysis and statistical reporting.
3. Experience preparing and presenting data, solutions and findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
4. Excellent customer service skills, works collaboratively and respectfully with all staff regardless of department, position or level of technical knowledge/comfort.
5. Excellent relationship management, problem-solving, organizational, project management and communication skills.
6. Ability to work in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
7. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
8. The Clinical Informatics Analyst must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
9. The Clinical Informatics Analyst must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
10. The Clinical Informatics Analyst must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
11. The Clinical Informatics Analyst must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Clinical Informatics Analyst” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.