The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator in our OnTrackNY Program in Yonkers, NY.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
OnTrackNY is an innovative treatment program that serves adolescents and young adults (16-30 years old) who are within two years of experiencing the onset of non-affective psychosis. The Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing coordinated and assertive treatment in the earliest stages of psychosis.
The Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator will support recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaboration. When possible, the Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator will utilize evidence-based practices; always embracing a trauma-informed and person-centered approach.
1. The Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator has a primary role in the domain of behavioral interventions and takes an especially active role in family support.
2. Conducts collaborative clinical assessments to determine the participant’s level of social functioning and substance use via a shared decision making (SDM) framework.
3. Provides Social Skills Training, Substance Abuse Treatment, Coping Skills Training, and Education as needed or desired.
4. Rotates on-call responsibilities with other team members.
5. Serves as the primary clinician for a subset of program participants.
6. Follows up on referrals and performs eligibility screenings and assessments for referred individuals.
7. Acts as primary point person for potential referral sources, including outreach activities and follow up on actual referrals.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator will serve as the point person for the participant and their family.
2. Engage individuals in collaborative assessment & identification of their needs.
3. Engage in collaborative safety planning and wellness planning with participants.
4. Connect participants and families with the services and supports they need, desire or request.
5. Provide education regarding first episode psychosis (FEP) and the goals of the OnTrackNY program.
6. Provide psychotherapy.
7. Develop and modify treatment using a shared decision-making process with clients.
8. Recruit participants thru community outreach and education, as well as presentations.
9. Serve as primary point person for referral sources, including maintenance of data-base.
10. Screen for eligibility.
11. Follow the established policies & procedures.
12. Maintain appropriate professional standards.
13. Other related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Principles, practices and methods of community mental health treatment including interviewing, assessment, marriage, family, child, and group counseling and crisis intervention.
2. Adult and/or child psychology, including development and psychopathology.
3. Applicable city, state and federal guidelines and laws affecting mental health treatment, services and reporting procedures.
4. Knowledge of the common challenges associated with mental health conditions.
5. Principles of psychological growth and development.
6. Community mental health resources and services and other health, financial, social, recreational cultural, housing and legal advocacy services.
7. Understanding the impact of culture on mental health practices.
8. Strong understanding and skills related to data input.
9. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
1. The candidate must hold one of the following New York State licenses: LMSW, LMHC, Psychologist or LCSW.
2. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
3. Basic knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft office products is required.
4. The Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
5. The Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
6. The Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
7. The Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
8. The Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
9. The Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “OnTrackNY Clinician/Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.