The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We are hiring a Court Appointed Special Advocates Program (CASA) Supervisor in our CASA program in Tarrytown, NY.
This is a part-time position at 15 hours per week.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Court Appointed Special Advocates Program (CASA) trains community volunteers in Putnam and Westchester Counties who monitor and report on the physical health, behavioral health and educational needs of children who are in foster care or at risk of foster care placement. The CASA Supervisor is responsible for the assisting the Program Director in the supervision of the program, services and volunteers in Westchester and Putnam Counties.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for adhering to all applicable state guidelines and regulatory authorities.
2. Train and supervise volunteers.
3. Advocate for a small caseload of children.
4. Follow the established agency policies and maintain appropriate professional standards.
5. Practice with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
6. Other designated and related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Maintain objectivity and professionalism in working with children, parents and all other parties involved in the case.
2. Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy.
5. Strong administrative and organizational skills.
6. Strong problem-solving skills.
1. The CASA Supervisor must have experience in advocacy and human services.
2. A graduate degree in a recognized field of mental health, human services or a JD is beneficial but not required.
3. The CASA Supervisor must possess the ability to work successfully with diverse populations.
4. The CASA Supervisor must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
5. Basic computer knowledge and ability to document in databases.
6. The CASA Supervisor must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
7. The CASA Supervisor must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
8. The CASA Supervisor must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
9. The CASA Supervisor must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
10. The CASA Supervisor must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
11. The CASA Supervisor must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "CASA Supervisor" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.