The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Data Analyst. The position is located in Tarrytown, NY or it can be remote.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Mental Health Association of Westchester is looking for a full-time data analyst to help support our Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC). The data analyst will be responsible for implementing assigned project tasks and data reporting specific to CCBHC performance and population health management indicators. The data analyst will assist with database administration and other support systems to meet the goals and objectives of the CCBHC.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collecting, maintaining, managing, interpreting, and analyzing data from internal and external sources for CCBHC Quality Indicators and population health management
2. Execute queries in databases to extract program datasets for analysis
3. Build, configure, and transform large data files into tables, figures, charts, etc.
4. Participate in continuous quality improvement projects requiring data extraction and analysis
5. Identify and build tools and/or reports to improve overall organizational efficiency
6. Collaborate closely with multiple departments and levels of management to present and review data and implement solutions for decision support and information reporting
7. Other designated and related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Proficient skills in SQL
2. Proficient skills in data visualization software, such as Power BI/Tableau
3. Proficient experience and knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
4. Experience working within an Electronic Health Record (EHR) and knowledge of using an EHR to pull and analyze data is strongly preferred
5. Knowledge of information systems, including some familiarity with financial /business applications, clinical applications, and managed care applications are desired
6. Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
7. Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships, acting as an advocate to ensure that all data needs are continuously met and exceeded
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, or in a Human Services field with relevant data analytical experience
2. Minimum three years relevant experience in data analytics
3. The Data Analyst must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License with a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
4. The Data Analyst must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
5. The Data Analyst must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
6. The Data Analyst must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
7. The Data Analyst must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Data Analyst” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.