The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join Our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for an Electronic Health Records (EHR) Trainer located in our Tarrytown, NY office.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The EHR Trainer will play an integral role in the Clinical Informatics Team within the Innovation Department at MHA. The EHR Trainer will ensure all new and existing staff are successfully trained to use the EHR, in order to optimize client care; data analysis and reporting will also be key responsibilities. Clinical informatics functions in alignment with the organization’s strategic agenda and data-related requirements of various partners and stakeholders; coordinates the design, management, and analysis of data, including electronic health record data collected from multiple health systems, to create and build analyses, reports, visualizations, maps, data warehouses, code bases, and other tools.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Successfully train new and existing staff on EHR utilization/optimization.
2. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the design, structure and functioning of MHA’s EHR and technology solutions.
3. Support end-users with regard to clinical application, use, workflows and functionality.
4. Provide EHR users and SuperUsers with updated instructions/information as updates to solutions occur.
5. Facilitate monthly user/SuperUser EHR support meetings.
6. Assist with EHR and data warehouse build as needed.
7. Assist with analysis and reporting from EHR, data warehouse and other data sources.
8. Ensure information systems are consistent with professional standards of practice.
9. Assist with testing and upgrades of the EHR software.
10. Collaborate with the Information and Technology Team.
11. Other designated and related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Expertise in training/teaching adults.
2. Experience in analyzing health data to gain actionable insights.
3. Knowledge of the design, structure and functioning EHR solutions; Netsmart in particular.
4. Knowledge of current behavioral health and medical developments and terminology.
5. Strong attention to detail.
1. Bachelor required, Master preferred in Health Informatics, Teaching, Computer Science or related field.
2. Excellent customer service skills, works collaboratively and respectfully with all staff regardless of department, position or level of technical knowledge/comfort.
3. Excellent relationship management, problem-solving, organizational, project management and communication skills.
4. Ability to work in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
5. The EHR Trainer must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
6. The Trainer must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
7. The Trainer must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
8. The Trainer must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with “EHR Trainer” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.