The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We are hiring an Executive Assistant in our Development, Communications and Training department in Tarrytown, NY.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
Reporting directly to the Chief Planning Officer (CPO), the Executive Assistant (EA) to the CPO will be an integral member of the Development Department, which includes Development, Training and Communications functions of the agency. As detailed below, the EA will be responsible for aspects of the Training and Development functions while providing assistance with other functions. The EA will work internally and externally to support our Development and Training initiatives. The EA will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA Westchester.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support CPO with variety of administrative functions including scheduling, managing expenses, etc.
2. Responsible as an Administrator of the Learning Management System (LMS) assuring accurate scheduling and assigning of training, uploading training material, running reports, and related aspects of LMS functions.
3. Responsible for monitoring and updating of documents in contracting and grant-related platforms such as Grants Gateway, SAM, eRA Commons, etc. to assure that all documents are current.
4. Assist with grant writing by providing all required supporting documents and uploading proposal and supporting documentation, as needed.
5. Support Development Department events such as Community Conversations, Community Education/Awareness events, Volunteer Appreciation events, annual gala, etc.
6. Support internal Communications functions.
7. Support Training Department including scheduling and preparations for on-site training events and managing conference room schedule.
8. Support Development Department through entry of data into donor management system and use of the system analytics to identify patterns of donor engagement.
9. Represent MHA at events such as health fairs, and tabling at conferences, as appropriate.
10. Supervise Tarrytown Front Desk staff and provide training for admin staff as needed.
11. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
1. Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
2. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff and external partners.
3. Good verbal communication skills.
4. Exercise initiative, diplomacy, collaboration with other departments, tact and a high degree of professionalism and trustworthiness.
5. Handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost integrity.
6. Must have high-level computer skills in the suite of Microsoft office products and facility with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
1. The Executive Assistant must have at least an Associate’s degree and two years of related experience. Five years or more of administrative experience will be acceptable in lieu of education.
2. The Executive Assistant must have good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
3. The Executive Assistant must have knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management and general administration.
4. The Executive Assistant must be able to communicate effectively, operate standard office equipment, and be able to follow oral and written instructions.
5. The Executive Assistant must maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information.
6. The Executive Assistant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with "Executive Assistant" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.