The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Fiscal Assistant in our Central Billing-Finance Department at our Tarrytown, NY office.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
MHA, together with Project Hope NY, provides mental health support to those individuals and families impacted by COVID-19. This is a mobile program servicing the Rockland County community. The Fiscal Assistant will be responsible for handling payroll journal entries, including analyzing and reconciling payroll related general accounts for government grants. The Fiscal Assistant will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Will review expenditures to ensure compliance with government grants such as Project Hope NY.
2. Ensures that all vouchers are submitted in a timely manner, preferably before deadline dates.
3. Will track and monitor Project Hope NY funds, reviews budgets and budget modifications.
4. Keep Deputy CFO well-informed of all issues encountered and participate in the resolution any issues.
5. Assist other areas of Finance and perform other tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Knowledge of PMS system and requirements a strong plus.
2. Good analytical skills and sufficient experience with expense allocations.
3. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
4. Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively.
5. The Fiscal Assistant must be a highly motivated independent worker who maintains confidentiality at all times.
6. Must be accurate, organized, demonstrate excellent follow up and attention to detail.
7. Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to assist coworkers when needed.
8. Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one’s work and work environment.
9. Bilingual in Spanish, Creole and/or Yiddish a plus.
1. The Fiscal Assistant must have 3-5 years’ experience with managing program financials and submissions for government grants.
2. Fiscal Assistant must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
3. The Fiscal Assistant must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
4. The Fiscal Assistant must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
5. The Fiscal Assistant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fiscal Assistant” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.