The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, and shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Front Desk Coordinator for our Clinic Sites.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
Our Clinics offer individual, group, family and medication services for individuals of all ages – and for a full range of behavioral health conditions. The Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of the reception desks, ensuring smooth and orderly operation of the clinical programs, and supervises all the administrative support staff. The Coordinator will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervise all clinic front desk/administrative staff.
2. Ensure adequate front desk/administrative coverage at all clinics.
3. Monitor and procures general clinic supplies.
4. Share responsibility of reception as needed.
5. Ensures availability of client forms.
6. Distributes mail throughout clinic.
7. Work with the clinic’s practice manager and front desk staff to ensure all clinician schedules are appropriately full.
8. Provide training and support to staff regarding computer systems.
9. Responsible for adhering to all standards and guidelines established by applicable regulatory authorities.
10. Follows the established agency policies and maintains appropriate professional standards.
11. Establish and maintain a culture that is recovery oriented and grounded in service excellence.
12. Provide supervision, mentoring, coaching and performance reviews for direct reports.
13. Other designated and related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Able to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy.
2. Strong administrative skills.
3. Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
1. The Front Desk Coordinator must have college degree or 2 years or more of experience in administrative support and supervision of staff.
2. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and general computer knowledge.
3. Used and has knowledge of how to operate general office equipment.
4. Must be organized, display good judgment and able to see a task through completion.
5. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
6. Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible and receive assignment from a variety of task supervisors.
7. The Front Desk Coordinator must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
8. The Front Desk Coordinator must be cleared by the NYS Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
9. The Front Desk Coordinator must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
10. The Front Desk Coordinator must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Front Desk Coordinator" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.