The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Receptionist/Front Desk Admin is responsible for all reception aspects of the program, which are necessary to ensure the smooth and orderly operation in our Comprehensive Health Center, licensed by the Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS) as an Article 32 substance use treatment program. Positive and courteous interactions with clients, staff and other community agencies are an essential aspect of this job. The Receptionist/Front Desk Admin will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
Join our Team! We are immediately hiring a Front Desk Receptionist for our Article 32 substance use treatment program in Westchester County, NY.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work closely with Clinical Director to support administrative functions and timely processing of all OASAS reports; e.g.; PAS forms.
2. Handles incoming calls during clinic hours while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
3. Take messages from the general voice mailbox and deliver to staff.
4. Welcomes and greets all clients and visitors, in person or over the phones.
5. Maintains an accurate record of clients seen each day.
6. Manage all staff clinical schedules, which includes appointments, cancellations, and will-call lists.
7. Schedule all client appointments with accuracy.
8. Accept payments and provide receipts for services.
9. Work collaboratively with the program/clinic assistant to ensure availability of client forms and surveys.
10. Maintain an adequate supply of new client materials.
11. Receives general clinic mail as well as other deliveries and direct appropriately.
12. Keep the reception area neat and organized.
13. Other designated duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Strong communication and human relations skills.
2. Attention to detail.
3. Understanding of front desk clinic operations.
4. Good time management skills
5. Excellent telephone etiquette and service.
6. Patience, flexibility, and professionalism at all times.
7. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
1. High school diploma/GED/TASC equivalent required, Associate degree preferred.
2. Minimum of two years of Reception experience in a fast-paced office, preferably in medical or community mental health office, is preferred.
3. Clerical or Administrative Assistant certificate, preferred.
4. Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and database applications.
5. Must be reliable and responsible, demonstrating the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
6. Must show initiative and exercise good judgment.
7. Bilingual Spanish speaking, preferred.
8. Must adhere to the agency’s and program’s policy, procedures and professional code of ethics.
9. Must adhere to confidentiality practices at all times.
10. Must be and maintain clearance through the NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
11. Must be and maintain clearance by the DCJS New York State Sex Offender Registry.
12. Pre-employment drug screen is required as a condition of employment.
13. Must be and maintain clearance by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
14. Must be and maintain clearance by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
15. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with "OASAS Receptionist" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.