The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a part-time Grants Accountant in the Central Billing-Finance Department at our Tarrytown, NY office.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Grants Accountant will be responsible for all financials, budgets and submissions related to SAMHSA grants. This includes analyzing and reconciling payroll and expense allocations to grants and programs. The Grant Accountant will update company-wide allocations based on FTE changes as needed. Additionally, will be responsible for other grants as needed. The Grants Accountant will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Will review payroll expenditures to ensure compliance with grants.
2. Ensures that all expenditures are submitted in a timely manner, preferably before deadline dates.
3. Keep Deputy CFO and Grants committee well-informed of all issues encountered and participate in the resolution any issues.
4. Assist other areas of Finance and perform other tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Knowledge of PMS system and requirements a must.
2. Good analytical skills and sufficient experience with expense allocations.
3. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
4. Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively.
5. Grants Accountant must be a highly motivated independent worker who maintains confidentiality at all times.
6. Must be accurate, organized, demonstrate excellent follow up and attention to detail.
7. Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team; offers to assist coworkers when needed.
8. Consistently displays a positive attitude towards one’s work and work environment.
1. The Grants Accountant must have 3-5 years’ experience to control financials and submissions for two SAMHSA grants.
2. Grants Accountant must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
3. The Grants Accountant must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
4. The Grants Accountant must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
5. The Grants Accountant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants Accountant” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.