The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for an Information Technology Administrative Assistant in our Tarrytown, NY office.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The IT Administrative Assistant (IT AA) will be an integral part of the IT department at MHA, which is committed to supporting all programs and staff, to ensuring services reflect best practices, recipient satisfaction and an overall focus on continuous quality improvement. Serving as first level support, the IT Administrative Assistant will be expected to help users resolve any issues and escalate when required. The IT Assistant will work with a customer service focus, person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The IT Administrative Assistant will assist in the day-to-day operations of the IT department, included but not limited to, managing and keeping an inventory of agency assets (laptops, desktops, mobile equipment ordering), cell phone set-up & deployment and manage collection of IT equipment upon termination of an employee.
2. Assist with new hire orientation training (setting up user IDs, training on IT equipment, software and hardware).
3. Maintain IT equipment policies and procedures and establish a follow up process for accurate recording practices.
4. Participate in planned projects to facilitate upgrades and replace systems.
5. Must accurately and effectively manage IT help desk needs: specific information needed to resolve MHA user problems, the reason for requesting such information, and be able to ascertain that information received is as accurate as possible.
6. The IT AA will help maintain the all of the current software applications used by MHA system.
7. The IT AA will provide support to our offsite locations. Local travel may be required.
8. The IT AA will enter and maintain all new users into the all MHA software applications as needed.
9. Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. This position requires analytical ability to verify the accuracy of the information entered by other departments to troubleshoot technical issues.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
5. Excellent computer skills.
6. Time management skills with ability to set and meet deadlines with limited supervision.
7. Maintains staff confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
8. Ability to produce well-written documentation for end users.
9. Ability to demonstrate maturity, leadership, flexibility, and creativity in the performance of job duties and responsibilities.
10. Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
1. The IT AA shall be an IT professional with minimum of three years’ experience in supporting computer systems with a strong background and interest in data, helpdesk support.
2. High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
3. Experience in supporting data PC’s, with a strong knowledge of Active Directory and Office 365.
4. IT AA must demonstrate effective communication and analytical skills, and the ability to work successfully with a wide range of people.
5. Must be reliable and able to work independently, understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality and consistently exercise good judgment.
6. The IT AA must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
7. The IT AA must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
8. The IT AA must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
9. The applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with "IT Admin Assist" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.