The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a full time Functional Family Therapy (FFT) Supervisor (LCSW, LCSW-R or licensed psychologist) located in our Tarrytown, NY Office.
SUMMARY of DUTIES:
The Functional Family Therapy Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of the FFT implementation including site certification and the development of FFT activities. This involves managing clinical schedules, engaging families, collecting, organizing, and interpreting data, and other responsibilities as determined. The individual will also be responsible for holding a certification in FFT clinical supervision and providing both direct and indirect services. Direct services include treatment and supervisory responsibilities as well as the overall management of the FFT component of the program. Indirect responsibilities include representing the program at meetings with other community agencies and other service providers. The goal is to provide strength-based, relational-focused family therapy in order to prevent out of home placement to at-risk youth. The supervisor is expected to know and follow the established policies and procedures of MHA of Westchester.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participation in meetings with community agencies and other service providers as needed.
2. Provision of direct clinical services which may include, but are not limited to, outreach, assessment and treatment planning, family therapy, crisis counseling and intervention, and community consultation and education.
3. Responsible for maintaining clinical records and following guidelines and regulations for documentation of services.
4. Provide supervision, mentoring, and coaching to all direct reports.
5. Complete evaluations of all direct reports.
6. Attendance at internal management meetings and meetings with all SAMSHA personnel as required by the grant.
7. Coordinate treatment with other community agencies and services.
8. Participate in program development and in training as required by grant.
9. Follow the established clinic policies and procedures.
10. Maintain appropriate professional standards.
11. Other designated or related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
1. Knowledge of program management
2. Effective verbal and written communication skills
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Excellent interpersonal skills
5. Strong attention to detail
6. Effective crisis intervention skills
7. Effective leadership skills
8. Problem solving skills
9. Effective management practices:
a. Address interpersonal barriers and strengths in their staff
b. Empower those receiving supervision
c. Offer criticism in a constructive manner
d. Understand employment and labor laws
10. The Functional Family Therapy (FFT) Supervisor must have excellent skills utilizing Microsoft Office and Electronic Health Record systems.
1. The Functional Family Therapy (FFT) Supervisor shall be an experienced mental health professional as defined by Part 585 of the OHM regulations.
2. Must have a Master’s Degree in Social Work or Psychology with clinical experience.
3. Must be licensed in New York State, be in good standing and remain in continuous good standing with the state’s licensing board: LCSW, LCSW-R or licensed psychologist.
4. Must hold certification in FFT clinical supervision or be willing to complete training within the 12-months post hire.
5. Bilingual - Spanish preferred.
6. Demonstrate positive leadership, effective communication skills, and the ability to work successfully with a wide range of people.
7. It is expected that the Functional Family Therapy (FFT) Supervisor is able to perform their duties with minimal supervision and consistently use good judgment.
8. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
9. Basic Computer knowledge and ability to document in an electronic health record is required.
10. Must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
11. Must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
12. Must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
13. Must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
14. Must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
15. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law. To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with "Functional Family Therapy Supervisor" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.