The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making, and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join Our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a part-time Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist. This is a temporary position that will last through the end of December 2020. The hours are part-time, 10 hours per week.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
This position is for our 6 month Cabrini grant to provide mobile food pantry services during our COVID response to community needs. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist will work directly with the Sterling Coordinators to arrange for the delivery of food and other supplies to individuals and families identified as in need in Westchester and Rockland County. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist is responsible for working with participants to organize and make food deliveries in Westchester and Rockland counties. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist will support recovery by providing mobile food delivery services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaboration. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist will utilize person-centered practices in all services and interactions with participants. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist will provide oversight, as needed, for mobile pantry operations. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery specialist will provide oversight of day to day operations at SCC, as assigned, when the Coordinators and Director are off-site.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide oversight for day-to-day Mobile Pantry Operations.
a. Ensure accurate tracking of statistics and data for Mobile Pantry Operations, including tracking deliveries, clients served and ensuring completion of relevant surveys.
b. Provide calls to individuals and families to schedule mobile food and resource deliveries.
c. Coordinate route logistics with other Mobile Pantry Staff.
2. Meet vendor and assist with the loading and later unloading of boxes of food, not to exceed 20 pounds per box, to MHA vehicles for later delivery that day.
3. Purchase and deliver additional items for participants as arranged, including such things as paper goods, wipes and diapers.
4. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist needs to become aware of all relevant agency/community resources such as employment, educational, housing, entitlement and social supports and proactively share information about these services with participants as requested.
5. May include one evening per week and occasional weekend day groups and/or activities as arranged with supervisor.
6. Other related duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Prior knowledge and/or use of Person-Centered Care.
2. Knowledge of the use of GPS systems to navigate mobile delivery in the Westchester and Rockland area.
a. Preferred: ability to use Google Maps to create a multi-destination route.
3. Knowledge and skill to teach and engage in basic problem-solving strategies to support individual clients in self-directed recovery.
4. Knowledge of the common challenges associated with mental health conditions
5. Familiarity with and ability to use an email and other needed recordkeeping systems.
6. Ability to utilize Microsoft Office 360, especially Outlook, Excel, and Teams.
1. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist will have at least 3 months of experience in human services as either a staff member or a recipient of mental health services.
2. Bachelor’s degree or some college is preferred.
3. Lived peer experience of recovery from mental health and/or substance use conditions is highly valued and required for this position.
4. Must possess strong organizational and writing skills.
5. Must also be flexible, respectful, creative and person-centered.
6. This position requires a thorough understanding of the process and possibility of robust recovery for people diagnosed with mental health conditions.
7. Basic Computer knowledge is required.
8. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
9. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
10. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
11. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
12. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
13. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
14. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
15. The Mobile Pantry Senior Recovery Specialist must be able to use basic Microsoft programs.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "PT Recovery Specialist" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.