The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Nurse Care Manager in our Care Management Program in Tarrytown, NY.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
Our Care Management Program helps individuals obtain the services they need, which may include seeing medical specialists, successfully transitioning from an inpatient hospital admission to another setting, and obtaining social supports such as housing. The Nurse Care Manager is the expert on the team for the coordination of needed services related to chronic medical conditions. The Nurse Care Manager will be primarily involved in client’s health and behavioral care at times of transitions (hospitalizations, Emergency Department visit, etc.), and when addressing gaps in care. The Nurse Care Manager with have frequent communication with medical and behavioral healthcare providers and managed care organizations in order to address client needs. The Nurse Care Manager will serve as a consultant to other team members and may take over some of the work needed to adequately coordinate care if the management of a particular medical condition becomes complex. The Nurse Care Manager may provide direct client care services in the community and/or telephonic direct service work. The Nurse Care Manager will support recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaboration. When possible he/she will utilize evidence based practices; always embracing a trauma-informed and person-centered approach.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The Nurse Care Manager will assess client needs and coordinate services designed to
address those needs, including primary and specialty care, behavioral health care, substance abuse, and social services.
2. Provide ongoing services to clients including: care coordination and health promotion, transitional care from higher level of care settings, individual and family support.
3. Follow the established agency policies and maintaining appropriate professional standards.
4. Complete all required documentation, on time and accurately. This includes but is not limited to progress notes, health home assessments, transitions of care and shared care plans.
5. Ensure client engagement in health and wellness practices, as well as chronic disease management in order to reduce hospitalizations and improve quality of life.
6. Meet the standard, set by program, for billable contacts.
7. Due to the nature of the program, ability to be flexible with working hours is desired.
8. Provide education and trainings to staff on chronic medical conditions.
9. Assist the Sr. Director with planning and implementation related to chronic disease management
10. Responsible for adhering to all standards and guidelines established by applicable regulatory authorities.
11. Provide after-hours emergency coverage on a rotating basis.
12. Use individual client data to inform clinical decision-making and identify areas for quality improvement; use data to track client progress over time.
13. Share client data with clients to help facilitate shared-decision making and keep client informed of his/her progress.
14. All other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Knowledge of behavioral and health diagnoses and symptomatology
2. Working familiarity with medical and behavioral health treatment and rehabilitation services.
3. Must be able to effectively engage clients.
4. Must have an understanding of issues related to chronic disease/behavioral health interactions.
5. The Nurse must be reliable and able to work independently in an efficient manner and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
6. Basic computer knowledge and ability to document in an electronic health record is required.
7. The Nurse Care Manager is expected to practice in a recovery oriented, person-centered methodology.
8. Must be comfortable providing training to program staff.
1. The Nurse shall have a degree as a registered nurse and be actively licensed and remain actively licensed during employment with MHA in New York State.
2. The Nurse must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
3. The Nurse must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
4. The Nurse must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
5. The Nurse must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
6. The Nurse must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
7. The Nurse must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with “Nurse CM” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.