The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Nurse Navigator in our Rockland County clinics.
Summary of Duties:
The Nurse Navigator will ensure coordination of care through supervision of medical team staff (LPNs, RNs, MAs), providing mentoring/coaching, operational oversight and direct services that reflect MHA’s values of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making. Services will reflect the use of evidence-based practices with a person-centered, trauma-informed approach.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervision of Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses across multiple clinic locations.
2. Oversight of client portal to address and ensure timely response to requests.
3. Provision of direct clinical services, which may include, but are not limited to, outreach, assessment, crisis counseling, individual/family mental health treatment, and integrated health care management.
4. Facilitation of team meetings with a focus on overall integration of services.
5. Responsibility for ensuring adherence to guidelines and regulations established by applicable regulatory authorities.
6. Attendance at internal management meetings as requested by the Medical Director.
7. Participation in training as requested by the Medical Director.
8. Provision of supervision, mentoring, coaching and performance reviews for direct reports.
9. Review and analysis of data to support clinic operations and provision of supportive documentation as required.
10. Participation in annual Key Performance Indicator development and oversight.
11. Coordination with outside providers, such as PCP, ensuring that all care coordination is documented in medical record and reviewed regularly.
12. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
1. Experience understanding family systems based on diversity of cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
2. Experience understanding various evidence-based models and theories pertaining to psycho-education, motivational interviewing, behavioral health, integrated care and recovery.
3. Extensive knowledge of mental health, substance use, family support services, and community resources.
4. Use of Motivational interviewing, recovery and trauma-informed approaches when delivering services.
5. Must be able to perform duties in an independent and efficient manner.
6. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
7. The Nurse Navigator is expected to practice in a recovery oriented, person–centered manner.
1. The Nurse Navigator shall have a degree as a registered nurse and maintain New York State licensure throughout employment.
2. The Nurse Navigator must be reliable, able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
3. Basic computer knowledge and ability to document in an electronic health record is required.
4. The Nurse Navigator must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
5. The Nurse Navigator must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
6. The Nurse Navigator must be cleared by NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
7. The Nurse Navigator must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
8. The Nurse Navigator must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
9. The Nurse Navigator must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Nurse Navigator” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.