The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Nurse Navigator in our Rockland County clinics.
SUMMARY of DUTIES:
The Nurse Navigator through supervision of medical team staff (LPNs, RNs, MAs) will ensure coordination of care by way of education, mentoring/coaching and direct oversight to support recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making as well as the use of evidence-based practices and a person-centered approach.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervision of MAs, Rn’s and LPN’s within various clinic locations.
2. Oversight of portal information system by addressing and responding to requests.
3. Provision of direct clinical services, which may include, but are not limited to, outreach, assessment, crisis counseling, individual/family mental health treatment, and integrated health care management.
4. Facilitate team meeting as relate to overall integration of services.
5. Responsible for following guidelines and regulations established by applicable regulatory authorities.
6. Attendance at internal management meetings as requested by the Medical Director.
7. Responsible for participations in training programs as requested by the Medical Director.
8. Provide supervision, mentoring coaching and performance reviews of direct reports.
9. Reviews and Analysis Data to support clinic operations and provides supportive documentation as required.
10. Participates in annual KPI development and oversight.
11. Coordination with outside providers, such as PCP, to ensure that all care coordination is indicated within medical records and reviewed for updates.
12. Other duties assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
1. Experience understanding family systems based on diversity of cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
2. Experience understanding various evidence-based models and theories pertaining to psycho-education, motivational interviewing, serious mental illness and recovery.
3. Extensive knowledge of mental health, substance use, family support services, and community resources.
4. Use of Motivational interviewing, recovery and trauma-informed approaches when delivering services.
5. Must be able to perform duties in an independent and efficient manner.
6. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
7. The Nurse Navigator is expected to practice in a recovery oriented, person–centered manner.
1. The Nurse Navigator shall have a degree as a registered nurse and be actively licensed and remain actively licensed during employment with MHA in New York State.
2. The Nurse Navigator must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
3. Basic computer knowledge and ability to document in an electronic health record is required.
4. The Nurse Navigator must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
5. The Nurse Navigator must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
6. The Nurse Navigator must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
7. The Nurse Navigator must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
8. The Nurse Navigator must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
9. The Nurse Navigator must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with “Nurse Navigator” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.