The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Program Administrative Assistant in our Nyack clinic in Rockland County.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
MHA, together with Project Hope NY, provides mental health support to those individuals and families impacted by COVID-19. This is a mobile program servicing the Rockland County community. The Program Administrative Assistant is responsible for general management tasks assigned by the Team Leader and/or Project Coordinator including answering the telephone, responding to client requests, data entry, and reporting for the program. The Program Administrative Assistant will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides administrative support to the Project Coordinator, Team Leader and staff.
2. Prepares general correspondence for the program.
3. Maintains statistical data on type, amount and provider treatment and rehabilitative services. Prepares reports including staff statistics, batch/billing reports, program monthly report and others as requested by the Program director.
4. Assists Project Coordinator and Team Leader in assuring all insurance authorizations are attained and maintained
5. Maintains case list, including information on treatment plan reviews, and provides monthly report to the Project Coordinator and Team Leader.
6. Prepares and completes Monthly Internal Audit.
7. Responds to incoming calls during program hours; also responsible for taking messages from voicemail box and delivering to staff.
8. Responsible for entering all appointments into database system.
9. Ensures availability of client forms.
10. Monitors and procures general program supplies.
11. Distributes mail to staff.
12. Maintains files and file directory.
13. Maintains program project boards (in person and virtual).
14. Other related designated duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Bilingual in Spanish, Creole and/or Yiddish preferred.
2. Ability to manage multiple projects with superb accuracy.
3. Strong administrative skills.
4. Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. The Program Administrative Assistant must be proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, and data base management.
7. Familiarity with and ability to use an information database system.
1. The Program Administrative Assistant must have two years or more of college.
2. The Program Administrative Assistant must adhere to the agency’s and program’s policy, procedures and professional code of ethics.
3. The Program Administrative Assistant must be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative and good judgment. 4. Confidentiality must be maintained on all client information.
5. The Program Administrative Assistant must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
6. The Program Administrative Assistant must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
7. The Program Administrative Assistant must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
8. The Program Administrative Assistant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with “Program Admin Assistant” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.