The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, and shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Program Assistant in our Third Party Review Program in Tarrytown, NY.
SUMMARY of DUTIES:
Independent Third-Party Review’s goal is to improve permanency outcomes for foster children in conjunction with local, State, and Federal child welfare guidelines. The Program Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the Program Director, Coordinator & staff of the program. The Program Assistant will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide general support and assistance to the staff of the program.
2. Responsible for making copies and faxes as needed.
3. Check email and voice mail messages during regular work hours.
4. Collate mailings as needed for specific program functions.
5. Receive and/or return telephone calls related to specific program functions as needed.
6. Develop and maintain databases for individual programs, including the electronic health record, IMA. This would include entering all Service Plan Review information from monthly lists.
7. Maintain files as needed to provide ongoing support to individual programs. This would include monitoring submission of Face Sheets and to assure all Service Plan Reviews are scheduled.
8. Responsible for scheduling and mailing all time-sensitive SPR invitations via Connections including cancellation letters and documenting of such on monthly Case Initiation Date lists.
9. Maintain monthly Service Plan Review calendars, noting scheduled and cancelled Service Plan Reviews, and distribute weekly to designated parties.
10. Responsible for mailing of all Family Assessment and Service Plans via Connections and completing monthly Family Assessment and Service Plan Report to be submitted to DSS by the 10th of each month.
11. Arrange for interpreters for SPRs as needed and document on Interpreter Usage Sheet.
12. Other designated or related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
1. Ability to successfully handle multiple projects with superb accuracy.
2. Strong administrative and organizational skills.
3. Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Must have pleasant phone and reception etiquette.
6. The Program Assistant must be proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, and data base management.
7. Have the ability to operate general office equipment such as copiers and scanners.
8. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
1. The Program Assistant must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must be organized, display good judgment and be able to see a task through completion.
3. The Program Assistant must adhere to the agency’s and program’s policy, procedures and professional code of ethics.
4. Program Assistant must be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
5. Confidentiality must be maintained on all client information.
6. The Program Assistant must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
7. The Program Assistant must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
8. The Program Assistant must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
9. The Program Assistant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with “3rd Party Program Assistant” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.