The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve their goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We are immediately hiring a Program Assistant in our Functional Family Therapy Child Welfare program located in Tarrytown, NY. Base Hourly Rate Range is $23.00 to $24.00 per hour.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Functional Family Therapy-Child Welfare Program provides FFT services to children and families involved in the child welfare system. This evidenced based practice is conducted in the family’s home setting. The goals of this short-term intervention are to improve family functioning, improve communication, reduce conflict, decrease problem behaviors, reduce hospitalization, reduce out of home placements and delinquency, improve parenting skills, and increase effective problem-solving skill. The Program Assistant will provide clerical and administrative support to the Program Coordinator, Program Director and Staff. The Program Assistant will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide general support and assistance to the Program Coordinator and Director.
2. Responsible for making copies, faxing documents, and scanning and uploading documents.
3. Develop and maintain databases as needed.
4. Receive and/or return telephone calls related to specific program functions as needed.
5. Collate mailings as needed for specific program functions.
6. Create and maintain files to provide ongoing support to individual programs.
7. Check email and voice mail messages during regular work hours.
8. Perform electronic health record chart audits as needed.
9. Communicate with clients and external providers as needed.
10. Gather and input data into an electronic database in a timely manner.
11. Track documentation completion.
12. Other designated or related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy.
2. Strong administrative skills and attention to detail.
3. Ability to prioritize and problem solve.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
1. The Program Assistant must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. The Program Assistant must have knowledge of basic secretarial skills and accepted office procedures.
3. Must be proficient in Excel.
4. Must be proficient in word processing and general computer knowledge.
5. Possess the ability to operate general office equipment.
6. Must be organized, display good judgment and able to see a task through completion.
7. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
8. Must be and maintain clearance through the NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
9. Must be and maintain clearance by the DCJS New York State Sex Offender Registry.
10. Must be and maintain clearance by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
11. Must be and maintain clearance by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
12. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "FFT-CW Program Assistant" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.