The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, and shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Program Assistant in our Care Management Program in Tarrytown, NY. This is a part-time position working 28 hours per week.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
Our Care Management Program helps individuals obtain the services they need, which may include seeing medical specialists, successfully transitioning from an inpatient hospital admission to another setting, and obtaining social supports such as housing. The Program Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the Senior Director, Program Coordinator, Supervisor, and Staff. The Program Assistant will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide general support and assistance to the Senior Director and program supervisors.
2. Responsible for making copies and faxes as needed.
3. Develop and maintain databases as needed.
4. Receive and/or return telephone calls related to specific program functions as needed.
5. Collate mailings as needed for specific program functions.
6. Maintain files as needed to provide ongoing support to individual programs.
7. Check email and voice mail messages during regular work hours.
8. Perform Chart and Phone Audits.
9. Check Medicaid Eligibility.
10. Communicate with clients and external providers as needed.
11. Audit HH Billing.
12. Prepare weekly, monthly and Quarterly reports.
13. Track documentation completion and run billing reports.
14. Practice with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
15. Other designated or related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy.
2. Strong administrative skills and attention to detail.
3. Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
6. Ability to navigate several Electronic Health Record Systems.
1. The Program Assistant must have a High School Diploma/GED/TASC or equivalent.
2. The Program Assistant must have knowledge of basic secretarial skills and accepted office procedures.
3. Must be proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
4. Used and has knowledge of how to operate general office equipment.
5. Must be organized, display good judgment and able to see a task through completion.
6. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
7. The Program Assistant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "PA-PT" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.