The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, and shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Program Assistant in our Children’s Services Program in Tarrytown, NY. This is a temporary assignment.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
Children’s Services are targeted to children who have social, emotional or behavioral challenges, and/or chronic medical conditions. Services are designed to provide individualized, community-based care to children and their families to improve the family’s ability to keep the child at home and out of residential care. The Program Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the Program Coordinators, Program Director and Staff. The Program Assistant will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide general support and assistance to the Program Coordinators and Director.
2. Responsible for making copies, faxing documents, and scanning and uploading documents.
3. Develop and maintain databases as needed for individual programs.
4. Receive and/or return telephone calls related to specific program functions as needed.
5. Collate mailings as needed for specific program functions.
6. Create and maintain files to provide ongoing support to individual programs.
7. Check email and voice mail messages during regular work hours.
8. Perform chart, Service dollars, and phone audits.
9. Check Medicaid Eligibility.
10. Audit billing.
11. Communicate with clients and external providers as needed.
12. Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
13. Input Data into CAIRS.
14. Track documentation completion and run billing reports.
15. Other designated or related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy.
2. Strong administrative skills and attention to detail.
3. Ability to prioritize and problem solve.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
6. Ability to navigate several Electronic Health Record Systems.
1. The Program Assistant must have a High School Diploma/GED/TASC or equivalent.
2. The Program Assistant must have knowledge of basic secretarial skills and accepted office procedures.
3. Must be proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
4. Used and has knowledge of how to operate general office equipment.
5. Must be organized, display good judgment and able to see a task through completion.
6. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
7. The Program Assistant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with "Program Assistant" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.