The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join Our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Project Manager (Innovation) in our Innovation Department located in Tarrytown, NY.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Strategic Innovation Project Manager will play a key role in supporting strategic and innovative projects within the agency. They will work collaboratively with key members of leadership across the agency and ensures projects are completed in a timely manner. The project manager will serve as the voice-of-innovation across the Agency, capturing, accelerating, and amplifying the success we have in various departments, and fueling the evolution of a culture of innovation.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Developing and driving the team’s strategic roadmap, focused on innovation through partnerships, with clear and actionable objectives, strategies, and tactics.
2. Anticipating trends in the external environment, developing and sharing perspective on market evolution and implications for MHAW.
3. Growing a culture of innovation.
4. Lead projects and be responsible for the day-to-day project management of cross-functional teams.
5. Develop and implement cross-functional project plans for strategic initiatives.
6. Demonstrated ability to lead the work of multiple projects.
7. Acts as the primary point person to all consultants hired for projects.
8. Assists in identifying areas of change needed in targeted programs.
9. Identifies staff training needs to ensure that staff have required knowledge to implement practices and workflows.
10. Assists in strategic planning and innovation within designated programs.
11. Follows the established agency policies and maintains appropriate professional standards.
12. Establish and maintain a culture that is recovery oriented, trauma informed and grounded in service excellence.
13. Complete ad-hoc projects and relevant assignments as requested.
14. Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Proven experience in project management, and strategic development
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organization skills and analytical expertise with the ability to perform detailed analysis.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Strong attention to detail.
5. Effective leadership and relationship building skills
6. Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
1. The Strategic Innovation Project Manager will have advanced computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and data base management are desired.
2. The Strategic Innovation Project Manager must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
3. The Strategic Innovation Project Manager must have a valid Driver’s License and a driving record that is satisfactory to our insurance carrier.
4. The Strategic Innovation Project Manager must maintain current New York State Defensive Driving certification.
5. The Strategic Innovation Project Manager must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
6. The Strategic Innovation Project Manager must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
7. The Strategic Innovation Project Manager must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
8. The Strategic Innovation Project Manager must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Innovation Manager" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.