The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Property and Fleet Maintenance Technician in our Tarrytown, NY office.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Property and Fleet Maintenance Technician is to ensure the overall maintenance and repair of all MHA buildings and apartments including but not limited to licensed and non-licensed apartment treatment and supportive housing units as well as MHA owned or leased buildings. This also includes oversight of all agency vehicles as it pertains to their maintenance and care.
1. General maintenance and repair of MHA owned or leased space including but not limited to painting, sheetrock repair, taping and spackling and light carpentry.
2. Responsible for the care and maintenance of all agency vehicles including but not limited to maintenance, cleaning and disinfecting.
3. Assisting with the day-to-day facilities and business operations as assigned.
4. Report major repairs when a licensed plumber, electrician or HVAC vendor needs to be called.
5. Responsible for routine emergency repairs and on-call emergency issues.
6. Ensure garbage/recyclables are at the curbside according to the city schedule, for Apartment Treatment Programs.
7. Monitor boiler/plumbing and household equipment to ensure upkeep.
8. Report any Fire Suppression Equipment, Fire Escape, Sprinkler system, Alarm equipment or appliance that appears to be compromised or not working.
9. Monitor HVAC and winter snow removal issues.
10. Routine site maintenance and landscaping ensuring safety and upkeep of lawns, hedges, garage and all walkways.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by Senior VP of Facilities and/or coordinated with the business manager.
1. Must be responsible and reliable and demonstrate the ability to perform independently.
2. Must have basic knowledge to work with a safety-first approach and the use of personal protection equipment including but not limited to protective clothing, helmets, goggles, gloves, ear protection or any other garments or equipment designed to protect a person from injury or infection.
3. Must possess knowledge and ability to complete general maintenance tasks.
4. Must have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of work orders.
5. Maintain agency property with care and respect.
6. Participates in staff meetings as required.
7. Respectful when dealing with co-workers, visitors or tenants.
8. Reports for work, as scheduled, in a timely manner.
9. Cooperates with investigations.
10. Communicates safety and security and/or hazardous concerns, problems, and needs to the Senior VP of Facilities and Business Operations.
11. Complies with directions, requests, and requirements of supervisors.
1. Must have a high school diploma or GED and 5 years of proven maintenance experience and/or a related degree from a technical school.
2. Ability to use of hand and power tools.
3. Ability to use common tools including but not limited to hammers, hoists, saws drills, and wrenches.
4. Must have a valid New York State driver’s license, without current suspensions, or revocations and a driving record that is satisfactory to MHA driver policy.
5. Must maintain a defensive driving certificate every 3 years and complete an agency annual driver refresher training.
6. Maintain confidentiality on matters related to clients.
7. The Property and Fleet Maintenance Technician must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
8. The Property and Fleet Maintenance Technician must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
9. The Property and Fleet Maintenance Technician must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
10. The Property and Fleet Maintenance Technician must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Maintenance Tech” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.