The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, and shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Quality Assurance Associate in our Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic program (CCBHC) in Tarrytown, NY.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Quality Assurance Associate works as an integral member of the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic program (CCBHC) clinic services team. In this role, the Quality Assurance Associate, under the direction of the CCBHC Project Evaluator, will be responsible for delivering National Outcome Measure (NOMs) assessments to both new and existing clients. Using the NOMs, the Quality Associate will orient clients to the CCBHC model of care, identify evolving areas of need, and facilitate referrals to team members. The Quality Assurance Associate provides support to the CCBHC Specialists and the CCBHC Data Analyst in all areas of the NOMs process including but not limited to: client interviews, scheduling, administrative tasks, data entry and analysis.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Functions as a contributing member of the CCBHC services team.
2. Facilitates client entry into the CCBHC and orients client to agency services.
3. Conducts routine standardized assessments to identify client needs.
4. Completes all client assessments as assigned and within required timeframes as outlined in the CCBHC contract.
5. Responsible for coordination of referrals based on determined needs and eligibility criteria.
6. Maintains contemporaneous, accurate notes of all client encounters and associated communications.
7. Provides support to the CCBHC Specialists in the form of scheduling, follow-up, and administrative assessment completion.
8. Provides support to the CCBHC Data Analyst in the form of data entry and analysis.
9. Leverages knowledge of assessment trends to inform targeted agency interventions for quality improvement.
10. Maintains a standardized weekly schedule for all active clients and document schedule changes on the scheduling form.
11. Sensitive, flexible and responsive to gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other special needs as reflected in the ability to communicate with staff and/or clients.
12. Respects the privacy of clients in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of professional services.
13. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Remote work capability required with the possibility of on-site work in Westchester and/or Rockland county locations in the future.
2. Comfortable working independently in a task-oriented role.
3. Strong active listening skills to evaluate clients and assess their care needs both in-person and over phone/video.
4. Adhere to performance standards based on program specifications and level of service requirements, including completion of all paperwork in a professional manner within the designated time frames.
5. Ability to utilize a computer to complete forms and record services provided with high accuracy.
6. Solid working knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements.
7. Knowledge of mental healthcare assessment and the social determinants of health.
8. The ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple activities at one time are essential.
9. Comfortable with flexibility in processes, role, and responsibilities.
10. Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish).
1. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Demonstrated experience in the health and social services sector may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum of 1 year in client-facing services in a healthcare setting. Applicable experience may include: appointment scheduling, care coordination, intake or discharge, referral management, needs assessment, data entry.
3. Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a team-based setting.
4. Associate must demonstrate effective communication and analytical skills, and the ability to work successfully with a wide range of people.
5. Must be reliable and able to work independently, understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality and consistently exercise good judgment.
6. The Associate must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
7. The Associate must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
8. The Associate must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “QA Associate” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.