The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Recruiter-Talent Acquisition in our Human Resources Department in Tarrytown, NY.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Recruiter will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified candidates for the organization. As the agency continues to grow, the Recruiter will play an integral role in executing a full-cycle recruiting strategy for all positions within the organization. The Recruiter will develop and use engagement strategies that promote retention to compliment agency growth. The Recruiter will ensure all hiring policies and procedures are adhered to and that best practice recruitment guidelines are administered throughout the recruitment process. The Recruiter will utilize evidence-based practices; and will embrace MHA’s trauma-informed and person-centered approach.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
• Manage relationships with external agencies-i.e. DOL, recruitment fairs, to drive timely and thorough sourcing of high quality, diverse candidate pool as well as participate in diversity recruiting events and activities.
• Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, sector standards, and the needs of the organization.
• Create and manage agency sponsored job fairs. Virtual and in-person.
• Must work closely with program managers, engaging as a strategic business partner to assess hiring and program needs and successfully fill job openings in a timely manner.
• Collaborates with program managers to draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
• Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
• Visually screens applications/resumes and selects qualified candidates to post to internal hiring board.
• Follow-up with program managers on open positions statuses.
• When needed, schedule interviews and assist with reference checks.
• Collaborates with program managers and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying dates, and other pertinent details.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
• Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
• Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
• Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
• Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
• At least three years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred.
• Must possess the ability to work successfully with diverse populations.
• The Recruiter must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Recruiter-Talent" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.