The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have exciting new opportunities for Temp Receptionist/Front Desk Admin Support in our Westchester County, NY White Plains clinic.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
Our clinics offer individual, group, family and medication services for individuals of all ages – and for a full range of behavioral health conditions. The Receptionist/Front Desk Admin is responsible for all reception aspects of the program, which are necessary to ensure the smooth and orderly operation of the clinic. Positive and courteous interactions with clients, staff and other community agencies are an essential aspect of this job. The Receptionist/Front Desk Admin will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Handles incoming calls during clinic hours while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
2. Responsible for taking messages from the general voice mailbox and delivering to staff.
3. Welcomes and greets all clients and visitors, in person or over the phones.
4. Maintains an accurate record of clients seen each day.
5. Manage all staff clinical schedules, which includes appointments, cancellations, and will-call lists.
6. Accurately schedules all client appointments.
7. Accepts and receipts payment from clients.
8. Receives and directs persons attending meetings.
9. Works collaboratively with the program/clinic assistant to ensure availability of client forms and surveys.
10. Maintains an adequate supply of new client materials.
11. Receives general clinic mail as well as other deliveries.
12. Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized.
13. Other designated duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Bilingual (Spanish/English).
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Attention to detail.
4. Understanding of front desk clinic operations.
5. Good time management skills
6. Excellent telephone etiquette.
7. Exceptional customer service.
8. Patience, flexibility, and professionalism at all times.
7. Familiarity with and ability to use an Electronic Health Record system.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
2. Basic knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft office products is required.
3. The Receptionist/Front Desk Admin must be reliable and responsible, demonstrating the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
4. The Receptionist/Front Desk Admin must show initiative and exercise good judgment.
5. The Receptionist/Front Desk Admin must able to communicate fluently in the Spanish language.
6. The Receptionist/Front Desk Admin must adhere to the agency’s and program’s policy, procedures and professional code of ethics.
7. Confidentiality must be maintained on all client information.
8. The Receptionist/Front Desk Admin must be cleared NYS Justice Center through fingerprinting for a Criminal History Records search.
9. The Receptionist/Front Desk Admin must be cleared by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
10. The Receptionist/Front Desk Admin must be cleared by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
11. The Receptionist/Front Desk Admin must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com with “Temp Receptionist” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.