The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
Join our Team! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Purchasing Agent in our Finance Department in Tarrytown, NY.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Purchasing Agent will ensure proper purchasing and inventory control activities for the agency including supplies, maintain accurate vendor information, and department coding. The Purchasing Agent will collaboratively work across departments and programs to review and correct information as needed. The Purchasing Agent will work with a person-centered, trauma informed philosophy in alignment with the values of MHA.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for ordering and processing for payment all supplies and equipment for all MHA locations.
2. Responsible for ordering and distributing COVID and PPE supplies.
3. Maintain distribution list for certain equipment/supplies to ensure proper coding to various departments.
4. Assist IT Department with collection and distribution of equipment.
5. Work with Facilities Department to maintain an accurate list of preferred vendors.
6. Negotiate with vendors for favorable terms and pricing.
7. Ensure that all vendors provide necessary W-9 paperwork and coordinate with payroll at year end regarding 1099’s.
8. Light accounting duties including reviewing purchase orders for correct coding.
9. Printing and Mailing Checks.
10. Delivery of supplies as necessary.
11. Other designated and related duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Working knowledge of at least one accounting package. Sage Intacct preferred.
2. Experience with and knowledge of nonprofit accounting.
3. Strong analytical skills.
4. Able to communicate effectively with clients and program staff.
1. Must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred but not required.
2. 1-2 years accounting experience.
3. Must be reliable and able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Proficiency in computer skills: Microsoft Office - Excel, Word.
6. Must adhere to the agency’s policy, procedures and professional code of ethics.
7. Must be cleared by a criminal background screening and maintain that clearance.
8. Must be cleared and maintain clearance by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Staff Exclusion List (SEL) and the New York State Medicaid Exclusion List.
9. Must be and maintain clearance by the DCJS New York State Sex Offender Registry.
10. Must be cleared and maintain clearance by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) for instances of child abuse and/or neglect.
11. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to cultural competency, diversity, and inclusion and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Purchasing Agent" as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.