The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a leader in designing recovery oriented, high quality Behavioral Healthcare solutions in the Hudson Valley Region. We pride ourselves on being forward thinking and are actively involved in developing new models of care and collaborating with other thought leaders and innovators. We have established a number of key alliances capable of delivering a better client experience, better population health and more efficient use of resources.
MHA is a founding owner/member of Coordinated Behavioral Health Services Inc. This 501(c)(3) organization is comprised of nine organizations providing Behavioral Health services to 10 counties in the Hudson Valley. CBHS Inc. was formed in order to address the rapidly changing approach to health care in NY State and to develop the critical business relationships necessary for sustainability.
Our partners include:
The CBHS Independent Providers Association is comprised of the nine Behavioral Health members of CBHS Inc. The CBHS IPA is designed to assess and respond to the dynamic health care environment in NY State. CBHS IPA seeks to build the collective strength to develop value based contracts with MCOs offering best practices for critical care.
CBHCare Independent Practice Association is an innovative partnership between CBHS and Hudson River Health Care, designed to offer integrated care at multiple Health Center locations throughout the Hudson Valley. CBHCare develops value based contracts with MCOs to offer high quality care that is coordinated, convenient and effective.
MHA/CBHS IPA is a member/owner of Hudson Valley Care Coalition (HVCC) Health Home, providing care management services to over 6,000 eligible clients throughout the region.
MHA is a contracted Care Management Provider with ComunnityHealth Care Collaborative (CCC) Health Home.
NY State Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program DSRIP
MHA, through its CBHS IPA and CBHCare IPA, is an active member of both the Montefiore Hudson Valley Collaborative and WMC Health Performing Provider Systems.
MHA contracts with the following Managed Care Organizations
- Crystal Run
- Empire BC/BS
- United Health Care
MHA Is a Member Of:
- ACL (Association of Community Living Agencies in Mental Health)
- Advocates for Children of New York State (CASANYS)
- Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA)
- Community Behavioral Health Services
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Mental Health America (MHA)
- Mental Health Association of New York State (MHANYS)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Westchester (NAMI - Westchester)
- New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (NYAPRS)
- New York State Coalition for Children
- New York State Rehabilitation Association
- Non Profit Association of Westchester
- The Coalition of Behavioral Health Agencies
- The Mental Health Foundation
- The National Council for Behavioral Health
- Westchester Women’s Agenda